Paint for Preservation 2021 Call for Artists
14th Annual Juried, Plein Air Benefit Auction
Paint in Cape Elizabeth August 13-15, 2021.
Online auction August 28-29.
The Cape Elizabeth Land Trust (CELT) is accepting artist submissions for Paint for Preservation 2021, our 14th annual juried benefit auction. Paint for Preservation is a premier event to raise awareness of the natural beauty of Cape Elizabeth and to raise funds to support the conservation of its most special lands.
Juried artists will paint on location from Friday, August 13 to Sunday, August 15, at designated public and private sites chosen to highlight Cape Elizabeth’s natural beauty. The public is invited to watch participating artists work.
Due to the continuing uncertainty around the COVID-19 pandemic, the paintings will be auctioned online over the weekend of August 28-29. Bidders may also purchase Mystery Boxes containing smaller works by the selected artists.
Artists: Artist entries will be juried by Ruth Greene-McNally, Curator of American Art from the Ogunquit Museum.
Medium: Open to all mediums. Artists working in watercolors and pastels must provide a mat; no frames are permitted.
Artwork Size: Minimum 16″ x 16″; maximum 48″ x 48″
Benefit: Participating artists donate 50%, 75% or 100% of the selling price of the art to the Cape Elizabeth Land Trust. This is a no-reserve auction. Proceeds benefit CELT’s conservation programs.
How to submit:
- Complete the Artist Entry Application below.
- Entry fee of $25 due with application. Submit via PayPal below.
- Upload three (3) digital images of original plein-air paintings completed within the last two years in any medium
- Samples must be of paintings that are at least 14”x14”
- All images must be submitted in jpeg format at 72 dpi with the longest dimension being 1400 pixels.
- File names for images should include both the artist’s name and the image’s title; e.g., Smith, Mary The Walkway.jpg
- Deadline: Your application will not be considered complete unless form and payment are received by midnight, Friday, April 30, 2021.