11th Annual Wet Paint Auction Benefit
Sunday, July 1, 2018
The Cape Elizabeth Land Trust (CELT) is accepting artist submissions for Paint for Preservation 2018, our 11th annual juried Wet Paint Auction to be held on July 1, 2018. Juried artists will paint on site over a three-day period, from Friday, June 29 to Sunday, July 1, at designated public and private locations chosen to highlight Cape Elizabeth’s natural beauty. The public is invited to watch participating artists work on location. On Sunday afternoon, the newly painted artwork will be auctioned at a cocktail reception. Proceeds from the event benefit CELT’s conservation of the shorelands and marshes, farmlands and woodlands that provide scenic beauty, recreational opportunities and important wildlife habitat in Cape Elizabeth.
Artists: Participation will be juried by Nancy Davidson, resident curator of the Maine Jewish Museum and former owner of Davidson & Daughters Contemporary Art.
Medium: Open to all mediums. Artists working in watercolors and pastels may provide a mat; no frames are permitted.
Artwork Size: Minimum 12″ x 12″; maximum 48″ x 48″
Benefit: Participating artists donate 50%, 75% or 100% of the selling price of the art to the Cape Elizabeth Land Trust. Proceeds benefit CELT’s conservation programs.
How to submit:
- There is no entry fee
- Interested artists are invited to submit three (3) images of original plein-air paintings in any medium for juried consideration to participate in Paint for Preservation 2018, which is a no-reserve auction.
- The paintings must have been completed in the past 2 years and should be 12”x12” or larger.
- Samples must be submitted as digital images via email. All images should be in jpeg format at 72 dpi with the longest dimension being 1200 pixels.
- File names for images should include both the artist’s name and the image’s title., e.g.,
Smith, Mary The Walkway.jpg
- Submitting artists must complete the artist entry form and send it as an attachment to the email submission. All entries must arrive by the deadline of Friday, March 16, 2018.