Are you looking for a volunteer leadership opportunity in Cape Elizabeth? Do you share our passion for conserving and stewarding lands that are available for the enjoyment and education of all people? Do you have talents to share in conservation/land resource management, development/fundraising, finance, or nonprofit governance? Do you have experience creating an inclusive organizational culture? If so, we would love to hear from you!
For over 38 years, our volunteer board has been the strategic heart of CELT, ensuring that we deliver strong results and maintain the highest ethical standards to be worthy of our community’s support. Our Board members are energetic leaders who support our growing staff team in every facet of CELT’s work.
As a CELT Board member, you will commit to:
- Actively participate in the strategic governance of our organization through up to ten Board meetings per year, currently held on the 4th Monday of each month from 6:30PM to 8:30PM.
- Actively serve on at least one of our committees: Education, Finance, Governance, Lands, Membership & Development, Paint for Preservation, or Stewardship.
- Make an annual financial contribution to CELT in an amount that is personally meaningful to you, and actively participate in CELT’s ongoing fundraising efforts.
- Advocate for CELT in the community and among your colleagues and peers.
- Hold yourself, your fellow Board members, and the CELT staff to the highest ethical standards.
- Serve a 3-year term (with the possibility of renewal).
If you are interested and/or would like more information, please send an initial expression of interest by email to our Governance Chairs, Dennis Leiner, email@example.com, and Kathleen Janick, firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please tell us why you are interested in this opportunity, what skills and talents you would bring to the CELT Board, your previous non-profit experience (if any), and anything else you would like us to know about you.
Thank you for your interest in CELT!