We will be holding a Robinson Woods stewardship work morning this coming Saturday, October 29th, from 9 a.m. to noon. (Our rain date is Sunday, October 30th, at the same time.)
We have many projects to complete, including:
- Repair wood boardwalk sections along the Pond Trail and haul out old material;
- Replace panels on plastic decking bridges on the pond and over the stream; reinforce panels where possible;
- Install dog waste signage (6 signs);
- Mark both the Wildflower and part of the Outer Loop Trail with plastic trail markers;
- Trim low (under 8-foot tall) branches along trails;
- Remove platform from the old bridge on the pond and move it to the dam;
- Clear branches from the dam area before installing bridging;
- Remove old broken wooden bridge by the two-section plastic bridge over the stream along the Pond Trail and haul out old material;
- Add natural barriers at beginning and end of old Canter Way path; Install dog waste bag dispenser at edge of Methodist Church parking lot;
- Shore up small fence at vernal pool on Wildflower Trail; and
- Replace maps of property along the Outer Loop Trail.
As you can see, there are a variety of tasks – something for everyone! We’ll meet at the kiosk and pillars on Shore Rd. at 9 a.m. Bring your favorite work gloves; CELT will supply materials and tools.
Please RSVP to, firstname.lastname@example.org or 767-6054 if you’re able to help out. Thanks for your interest in volunteering with CELT!