Thank you for your interest! Winners and honorable mentions will be notified in mid-May.
Take out your camera, sharpen your pencil, and head outside! This April, Thomas Memorial Library (TML) and the Cape Elizabeth Land Trust (CELT) are partnering to offer a combined poetry and photo contest celebrating the natural world of Cape Elizabeth.
- Combined Photo + Poem
- Grade 9-12
- Each of the nine winners (three categories, three age groups each) will receive a framed copy of their entry.
- The framed copies will also be featured in a June 2022 exhibit at the Thomas Memorial Library.
- Any Honorable Mentions (as determined by the judges) will receive an unframed print of their entry and may also be exhibited if space is available.
- All entries will be published online on the CELT website.
- Entries are due at 11:59 pm on May 1, 2022.
- Your entry must be related to nature, but we encourage you to define nature as creatively as your heart desires.
- There are no residency restrictions; however, preference will be given to entries that relate directly to Cape Elizabeth. For example, a photo taken in Cape Elizabeth may get stronger consideration than a similar photo from somewhere else.
- You must grant CELT and TML permission to use your submissions; however, this is not intended to reduce your copyright.
- No more than one entry per person, per category.
- Contact email@example.com if you have questions about your submission or experience technical difficulties.
Additional Guidance for Poetry:
- There are no limits on word count.
- Your poem should be submitted as a Word Document, Google Doc, or PDF.
Additional Guidance for Photos:
- We recommend a minimum resolution of 2400 x 3000 pixels.
- All photos must be submitted in PNG or JPEG format. Photos should have a maximum file size of 15 MB.
- Preference given to photos taken in Cape Elizabeth.
Additional Guidance for the Combined Category:
- Entries should adhere to both the poetry and photo guidelines above.
- If you have specific requests about how your work should be presented – for example, poem on the left and photo on the right – please let us know in the comment box at the end of the submission form.