Are you looking for a volunteer leadership opportunity right here in Cape Elizabeth? Do you share our passion for preserving and stewarding lands that are cherished by our community and enriching our community’s connection to the natural world? Do you have talents to share, especially in accounting/finance or conservation ecology/land management? If so, we would love to hear from you!
For over 35 years, our volunteer board has been the strategic heart of our organization, ensuring that in our work for Cape Elizabeth we deliver strong results and maintain the highest ethical standards to be worthy of our community’s support. Our Board members are energetic leaders who support our growing staff team in every facet of CELT’s work.
As a CELT Board member, you will commit to:
- Actively participate in the strategic governance of our organization through monthly Board meetings, currently held on the 4th Monday of each month from 7PM to 9PM.
- Actively serve on one of our committees: Education, Finance, Governance, Lands, Membership & Development, Paint for Preservation, or Stewardship.
- Make an annual financial contribution to CELT in an amount that is personally meaningful to you, and assist in CELT’s ongoing development efforts.
- Advocate for CELT in the community and among your colleagues and peers.
- Hold yourself, your fellow Board members, and the CELT staff to the highest ethical standards.
- Serve a 3-year term (with the possibility of renewal).
Interested? If so, please send an initial expression of interest by email to our Governance Chair, Liz Murley, at email@example.com. In your email, please tell us why you are interested in this opportunity, what skills and talents you would bring to the CELT Board, your previous non-profit experience (if any), and anything else you would like us to know about you. Thank you for your interest in CELT!