How To Bid
- Register on the event page. Registering for this event will only take you a few seconds, and will enable you to then start bidding when the auction opens. It also helps enables us to communicate with you about pickup/shipping/payment/etc. if you are a winning bidder. (Include your cell phone if you want to participate in text-to-bid.)
- Login in the upper-right corner of the screen to browse the auction items.
- Bidding and Mystery Box sales open Saturday, August 28th at 8am and close Sunday, August 29th at 8pm.
- Place your bids! Bids must be increased by a minimum increment of $100 or any higher amount.
- Text to Bid – If you provided a cell phone number at registration, you will be notified by text message if you are outbid. Additionally, you can place new bids by texting XXX$AAA where XXX is the three-digit code of the painting you are interested in and AAAA is the amount you would like to bid. The three digit code can be found on each artist’s auction item. For example, if you wanted to bid $2,000 for the ‘Forever Cape Special Entry’ painting you would text CEL$2000 to (608) 729-4604.
- Bidding will be extended past 8pm for popular items. If a bid is placed during the last 3 minutes of the auction, the closing time will be automatically extended for an additional 3 minutes from the time the last bid was placed. The item will close once all bidding activity has stopped. This gives all bidders a chance to increase their bid if a last-minute bid is placed.
Payment: You are not required to enter your credit card information before placing a bid – winning bidders are not automatically charged at the end of the auction. All winners will receive a notification containing their invoice which can be paid online with a debit or credit card. You can change your payment information at that time if you wish.
Pickup/Shipping: All items will be available for pick up at Turkey Hill Farm in Cape Elizabeth on Tuesday, August 31st from 9:00-11:00 a.m., or Wednesday, September 1st from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
If shipping is required, winning bidders are responsible for shipping costs. (Shipping for Mystery Boxes is $30; costs for multiple mystery boxes and larger paintings will be variable.) We will contact winning bidders with further instructions and shipping information.
Donate to CELT – No matter how you fare in the auction, please consider making a donation to support CELT’s mission.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible.